Horsley Hills Madanapalle:
Horsley Hills, also known as Horsleykonda or Yenugulla Mallamma Konda, are a collection of hills in Andhra Pradesh, located in the Madanapalle Taluk of the Chittoor district, about 9 miles from Madanapalle town. Yenugu Mallama Konda was the hill’s local name, derived from a legend about a saintly old woman called Mallamma who lived atop the hill and was fed by elephants (yenugulu). Horsley House was designed about 1870 by W.D. Horsley, a British collector. This area is well vegetated and has a cooler climate than the surrounding area, which is dry and humid. As a result, it became a popular tourist destination and hill station.
This region was home to the Yanadis and Chenchus tribes before becoming a hill resorts, i.e. before the arrival of W.D.Horsley. They make a living by raising Punganur cows. On the hills today, there are various groups of people. Some own small hotels, while others serve as tourist jeep drivers.
Horsley Hills is one of Andhra Pradesh’s best full-service resorts. The hill station is 1,265 meters above sea level and is named after the British collector of Kadapa who discovered the area’s beauty and made it his summer resort.
Horsley Hills Weather: The minimum temperature in the horsley hills is about 15 °C, and the average temperature is around 30 °C.
Horsley Hills Accommodation: Andhra Pradesh Tourism development (aptdc horsley hills – AP tourism Horsley hills) provides accommodation in Horsley hills. The resorts named as Horsley Hills Haritha Hill Resort. The resort has multiple rooms with a/c and non a/c.
Horsley Hills Haritha Hill Resort – Available Rooms
- GOVERNORS BUNGLOW- AC 2 Bedroom – ₹ 4480/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid – 2, Available: 1
- WINDFALL NON A/C 4 Bedroom – ₹ 3696/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -4 | Kid – 4, Available: 4
- WHISPER WINDS NON A/C 2 Bedroom – ₹ 2464/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid– 2, Available: 8
- WIND WISTLE NON A/C 2 Bedroom – ₹ 2072/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid– 2, Available: 5
- WILD WINDS AC 2 Bedroom – ₹ 3248/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid – 2, Available: 6
- COTTAGES DOUBLE 4 Bedroom – ₹ 2688/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -4 | Kid – 4, Available: 3
- COTTAGES SINGLE 2 Bedroom – ₹ 1400/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid – 2, Available: 4
- WIND KNOCK AC – ₹ 2464/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid – 2, Available: 3
- WIND KNOCK NON AC – ₹ 2016/- Per Room Tariff? Max Per Room: ADULT -2 | Kid – 2, Available: 6
AP Tourism Horsley Hills Room Booking: we can book through aptdc horsley hills website: https://tourism.ap.gov.in/hotellist?cityCode=72&unitCode=10503
Hyderabad to Horsley hills: 9 hr 45 min (527.7 km) via NH 44 and NH42
Chennai to Horsley hills: 6 hr 21 min (259.8 km) via NH71
Bangalore to Horsley hills: best route from Bangalore to Horsley hills is 3 hrs. 33 min (148.9 km) via Kadapa – Bengaluru Hwy
How to reach Horsley hills from Bangalore?
Horsley Hills can be reached through three separate routes from Bangalore. Driving through SH 82 is the shortest path. Driving via Hoskote-Chintamani Road and SH 82 is an alternative route. The third choice is to take the NH4 route.
Madanapalle to Horsley hills: 48 min (26.8 km) via Anantapur – Tirupati Hwy/Chennai – Anantapur Hwy and Horsley Hills Rd
Tirupati to Horsley hills: tirupati to horsley hills distance is 3 hr 8 min (130.5 km) via NH71
Places to Visit in Horsley Hills:
- Kaigal Falls
- Chennakesava Temple
- Horsley Hill Zoo
- Whisper Wind View Point
- Gali Bandalu
- Gangotri Lake
- Mallamma Temple
Horsley hills images: